This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide effective care to babies and children with special needs. The information in this training does not indicate an exclusive course of treatment or serve as a standard for care. Variations,taking into account individual circumstances, may be appropriate.
The quality of care children receive has a direct impact on the children’s ability to learn, to build healthy relationships, and to become the best they can be. However care-givers of children with disabilities sometimes get overwhelmed with taking care of these children mostly due to lack of knowledge of the special features of the various disabilities in children, what to expect during the various developmental stages of children with the various forms of disabilities, the needs of children with disabilities at every stage of their development, what constitutes quality of care and the Importance of providing quality care for children with disabilities.
It is therefore important to empower caregivers of children with disabilities with such knowledge in order to provide quality care to these children. This Training Course for Caregivers of Children with disabilities has therefore been developed by Clementines Au Pairs and Nanny Agency to equip caregivers of children with disabilities. with the needed knowledge and skill in order for them to be able to provide the required quality of care for the children for them to grow and develop well and become productive in society despite their disabilities.
Learning outcomes for the course:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- outline what is meant by SEND, and how it affects different individuals and families
- appreciate different approaches to understanding children with special needs, including theoretical and clinical perspectives and personal accounts
- outline key features of psychological, neurobiological and genetic explanations of different disorders
- explain key aspects of diagnosis, intervention, education and life-span development
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes
- To complete the assessment candidates must ensure their computer meets the minimum requirements.
- Internet access and a working email address
- Up to date internet browser such as: Internet Explorer/Safari/Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox etc…
- Ability to hear audio/video via your computer as our resource files include video clips
- Outline what is meant by SEND, and how it affects different individuals and families
- Appreciate different approaches to understanding children with special needs, including theoretical and clinical perspectives and personal accounts
- Child Care for Children with Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Cerebral Palsy
- Outline key features of psychological, neurobiological and genetic explanations of different disorders
- Explain key aspects of diagnosis, intervention, education and life-span development
- Communicating with Parents of a Special Needs Child
- This course is open to Au Pairs, Nannies and Creche Teachers Assistants.